About Me

My photo

Retired archaeologist and governmental tree-hugger. I'm a: United Methodist lay pulpit supply preacher; semi-professional photographer; and poet.

Monday, April 18, 2016

JEHOVAH-ROHI




Psalmic Poetry - The Twenty-third:

My Jehovah-Rohi -
And that is enough.
You grew soft grass,
For me to rest upon.
You walk beside me,
By soothing waters.
You've restored me!

I'm the Lord's namesake;
I'll follow in Your footsteps.

Even when I walk in darkness:
Evil no longer intimidates me;
Evil no longer influences me -
     You're with me!
     You guide me!
     You shape me!
     You comfort me!

The haters hate,
Seeing my feast;
I dine at the table,
You've prepared.
I am empowered;
My cup overflows!

Your grace and Your mercy,
Follow me like my shadow,
For the fullness of my days,
And I will reside within You,
'Til my final hymn I've sung!

~ Tiwago

No comments: