About Me

My photo

Retired archaeologist and governmental tree-hugger. I'm a: United Methodist lay pulpit supply preacher; semi-professional photographer; and poet.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

GOD'S BOSOM




Rejoice for Jerusalem,
     all you who loved me!
Rejoice with Jerusalem,
     all who mourned me!

Nurse that I may reassure you,
Feed that I may nourish you,
Suckle from my ample breasts,
Drink deeply from my holy font:
     That you may grow and flourish;
     That you may know my love;
     That you may feel cherished;
     And know that you're precious.

As a mother, I will comfort you.
In strong arms you'll find shalom.
On my hip you'll learn about life.
     You'll grow like a summer meadow!
     You will feel my hand within yours!
     You'll know me, and fear no one!


Tiwago (from Isaiah 66)


(photography by tiwago)

No comments: