Thursday, September 1, 2016

Are You Willing to Pay the Price?



The thin dusty man turned to the following mob. He quieted them by lowering his voice - they had to silence their babel to hear what he was saying to them. When they did hear, they were appalled - appalled and highly offended! 

"If you want to be my student, you must first dishonor your parents - you must even hate them! You can't be my disciple if you can't give up your life as you now know it. If you are not willing to cover the costs, you can't join me in this ministry. Come on, anyone working on a project first calculates that they have sufficient funds, energy, time, and other resources (the capacity) to complete the project - otherwise, what's the point of even starting it?

To live my life and follow my way will cost you everything that you have on this planet, and all that you are. Use these numbers in your calculations before you decide to become my apprentice. Are you willing to pay the price? Are you willing to give up all that which has a hold on you?"

Then he slowly walked away, to see who was serious.


Tiwago (from Luke 14)





(photography bu tiwago)

No comments: