Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Thrill Is Gone



The thrill is gone!
Sorrow weighs me down.
My heart is failing.

Hear my people crying out,
In war-torn foreign lands, and
Here on violent city streets?:
"Is there a God? If there is,
Why does He do nothing?"
(O why did they trade God,
For cheap and easy baubles,
And other false, hollow gods?)
"Winter is coming all too soon,
Election Season draws to an end,
And we are surely doomed!"

Their hurt hurts me.
I cry over their pain. 
Do they have no health care?
Do they have no pharmaceuticals?
Do they have no physicians?
Do they have no insurance?
Why then is their health so bad?

May I be a spring of living water,
And my eyes be flowing fountains,
That I may weep all day long, and
That I may weep all night long, for
My murdered children!


Tiwago
(from Jeremiah 8:18-9:1)





(photography by tiwago)

No comments: