About Me

My photo

Retired archaeologist and governmental tree-hugger. I'm a: United Methodist lay pulpit supply preacher; semi-professional photographer; and poet.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Post-Election Lection

Here is a sample of the Revised Common Lectionary readings for this Sunday:



Stay calm;
I got this.

(Psalm 46:10)


My wrath will fall upon you leaders who divide those you lead, and destroy that which you are to protect. You have not cared for my people. You cause them to fight with each other. You drive them away from me. I see you! 

I will gather them back, and tend their wounds. I will help them to flourish. I will raise up new leaders, who my people will not fear. My people will no longer despair, and none will be left out or left behind. A righteous one will come - one who will be wise, who will be just, who will bestow grace and mercy. Their country shall be preserved, and they shall know peace and safety. 

Jehovah-tsidkenu shall come to them.

(Jeremiah 23:1-6)


By God's mercy, I know
there will come a dawn.

(Luke 1:78)


(photography by tiwago)

No comments: