About Me

My photo

Retired archaeologist and governmental tree-hugger. I'm a: United Methodist lay pulpit supply preacher; semi-professional photographer; and poet.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Jesus. Jordan. John.



Jesus. Jordan. John.

In the crowd
Standing in line
Waiting waiting
Waiting waiting
Still, until
Jesus. Jordan. John.

John said no
Couldn't mustn't won't
Jesus said yes
Can must will
Hold me under
Under the font

Ears roaring like lions
Lungs burning like fire
Waiting waiting
Waiting waiting
Still, until
Jesus. Jordan. John.

Up he breached
In a bright spray
Wet hair clinging
Light so bright
Air so glorious
Sounds so sharp

Already pure and holy
No need to wash clean
Baptized as a member
Into our dirty humanity
Slowly gliding, a dove
Softly upon him perched

My cherished child
I AM glorified here

(Tiwago from Matthew 3)





(photography by tiwago)

No comments: