Thursday, January 26, 2017

Whom God Chooses



Who are chosen? 
Who's called to serve?

Consider my own call -
Wasn't it foolish insanity?
Am I in MENSA?
No, I'm just a fool!
Am I rich and powerful?
No, I'm a poor fool!
Am I born "better"?
No, I'm a lowly fool!

God chose fools to show the truth!
God chose the meek to show faith!
God chose unwanted foolish losers!
Those who have and who are nothing:
To correct those who have everything;
To humble those who are "something".

The world is drawn to the biggest brags,
Braggarts bragging for bragging-rights,
Hyperbole, spinning, alternative facts -
Used-car salesmen selling themselves;
But I've no looks or smarts to boast of,
Nor have I money or influence to flaunt,
But of His grace and mercy, I may boast!

Though the clever are in control,
It is the fools who have freedom.

Tiwago (from 1 Corinthians 1:26-31)



(photography by tiwago)

No comments: